• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supporting employees back into the workplace
As we move into the next phase there will be lots of change and uncertainty - even when we are transitioning back into the workplace things will be different and we will need to engage staff to understand how best to support the transition and changes - we have started the process at MHFA England and have some ideas about how to do this successfully - if you have ideas or questions please do share them here.
I work in libraries and we have been beginning to bring the public back into our buildings in a very controlled way. Showing employees the plan via a short video or photos has been really helpful, as well as sharing the visitor figures. Staff who have been part of the process have largely been fine but those who have been WFH and not in the buildings as we've made the changes have really struggled so seeing the new reality, rather than imagining how social distancing would work in the old reality (if that makes sense?). We've also bought back those staff on closed days for an initial wellbeing check-in and walk through which has helped.
(07-24-2020, 11:36 AM)Luceinateacup Wrote: I work in libraries and we have been beginning to bring the public back into our buildings in a very controlled way. Showing employees the plan via a short video or photos has been really helpful, as well as sharing the visitor figures. Staff who have been part of the process have largely been fine but those who have been WFH and not in the buildings as we've made the changes have really struggled so seeing the new reality, rather than imagining how social distancing would work in the old reality (if that makes sense?). We've also bought back those staff on closed days for an initial wellbeing check-in and walk through which has helped.

I think that sounds great. You are right, we have to be able to experience, imagine and understand what the changes look like otherwise we will default to our past understanding.