• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Wins
Some great ideas coming out of the SEUK environment event today for those wanting to make their business more environmentally friendly and wanting to know where/how to start. Not being scared to start small, and collaborating - sharing ideas with others were good ones, as well as practical tips like changing all lighting to LEDs or continuing to support home working and remote meetings. Are there any others that your organisation is doing?
(07-22-2020, 02:07 PM)fiona.young Wrote: Some great ideas coming out of the SEUK environment event today for those wanting to make their business more environmentally friendly and wanting to know where/how to start. Not being scared to start small, and collaborating - sharing ideas with others were good ones, as well as practical tips like changing all lighting to LEDs or continuing to support home working and remote meetings. Are there any others that your organisation is doing?

Hi Fiona, 

I completely agree with you, some great info coming out of today. I'm the founder of JUST ONE Tree a CIC that tackles climate change through global reforestation. We make it easy for companies, individuals and schools to take positive action on the environment. In our first year we have signed 40 businesses who are now integrating planting trees into their business model - Just £1 plants 1 tree. We have also engaged with 350 schools in 5 countries and 80,000 children who all joined together to make a difference. We've also planted 750,000 trees. 

So I just thought I'd mention it as it's an easy way to make a direct impact to the environment (biodiversity and deforestation), the CO2 in the atmosphere and also a social impact on the ground in the countries where we're planting. 

Amanda
(07-22-2020, 02:07 PM)fiona.young Wrote: Some great ideas coming out of the SEUK environment event today for those wanting to make their business more environmentally friendly and wanting to know where/how to start. Not being scared to start small, and collaborating - sharing ideas with others were good ones, as well as practical tips like changing all lighting to LEDs or continuing to support home working and remote meetings. Are there any others that your organisation is doing?
Thanks, Fiona-  at Belu environment has been front and center of the business from day 1.  We measure our carbon footprint which is a considerable piece of work but understanding where the big emitting parts of our business are would help focus on places to make the first investment.

Taking out single-use where possible in an office environment is a great way to think about your impact.